The School of Evansville Ballet Policies and Procedures
The curriculum at The School of Evansville Ballet has been created to be experienced in its entirety. Lack of full participation ultimately affects developing technique and artistry, which will impact class placement as well as performance casting.
- All students, age 7 and above will take a placement class. Placement is made at the discretion of the artistic director and subject to change.
- Students enrolled in the Company Training Program are expected to attend all of their scheduled classes each week to ensure proper progress, and to remain at the level expected of the dancers at Evansville Ballet. Continued absence, without suf?cient reason, will not only impede the students training, but may also result in dismissal from the program.
- Students should arrive at the school no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of class, and should be picked up PROMPTLY at the end of class. Delays in the pick-up of students is a hinderance to the timely function of the rest of the studio.
- Students are expected to adhere to the required dress code as well as policies regarding overdressing at all times. Please see the Uniform Policy for details.
- Students arriving late for class should wait at the side of the studio until the exercise in progress is complete. Then, with the permission of the instructor, they may join the class. Extreme tardiness or repeatative tardiness will not be tolerated. If a student is too late for class, they will be asked to sit and observe the class.
- Students should not leave the building before, after, or in between classes without a parent or guardian.
- The School of Evansville Ballet reserves the right to ask any student to either sit out or leave a class if inappropriate behavior/language is used or their attitude or actions are disrupting the learning process for other students in the classroom.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted outside of the dancers’ lounge. Bottled water is permitted in the studio. No gum chewing is allowed. Students must maintain the cleanliness of the dressing/common areas. The changing rooms are to be left neat and orderly as you leave them. Messiness will not be tolerated!
- The parents are responsible for meeting their ?nancial obligations to the school in a timely fashion. Please see the tuition and fees page as well as the calendar for details and due dates. There will be a $25 late fee for EACH late payment. Reminders of due dates will not be given. Tuition is non-refundable and not pro-rated due to the number of classes per month. Tuition amounts are per semester.
- No refunds, credits or make-ups will be given for classes missed due to illness, sporting events, vacations, etc.; nor will they be given for cancellations due to holidays, weather, or events beyond Evansville Ballet’s control. Please see the school calendar for a list of closings.
- ALL PARENTS must read the Call Board. All schedules, information, auditions, and important notices are posted on the board. It is the responsibility of the student and their guardians to keep themselves up to date on this information. Information/Schedules WILL NOT be emailed. Evansville Ballet Staff will not be expected to reiterate information on the board, so you must check and follow through with it!
- In order to speak with the Artistic Director, you must call ahead and schedule an appointment. No drop-ins to the of?ce will be accepted, as it takes time away from the Director’s busy schedule and may interfere with previous engagements. YOU MUST CALL AHEAD TO SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT!